Austratus makes slatted timber ceilings, walls and screens easy and is now available in three timber species: Western Red Cedar, Hemlock and NZ Radiata Pine.
When it comes to inspiring spaces, nothing makes an impact quite like an architectural timber ceiling, wall or screen. Colour, warmth, tone and texture — timber has a unique, sophisticated appeal. However, the associated lead times, as well as the need for expert-installation skills, has traditionally rendered genuine timber statements out of reach for many commercial and residential projects until now.
Austratus, is a modular system making slatted timber ceilings, walls and screens easier than ever. The patented fitting system allows continuous lengths of timber to be simply and easily clipped into a suspended ceiling or screwed directly onto existing walls and ceilings.
Austratus is available with standard square fin, a V-fin or a flat profile. Profiles are interchangeable and can be spaced at custom intervals, allowing multiple combinations of depth or dimension giving ultimate control over the exact design.
The Austratus standard timber species are Western Red Cedar, Hemlock and we the latest introduction to the range — a New Zealand Radiata Pine. The Western Red Cedar has varying rich tones from blonde to dark to cherry, whilst the Hemlock is more consistent in pale blonde colouring. The New Zealand Pine is a versatile light even colour and is Potter’s economical timber option. Potters hold stock of each species in the standard profiles in a raw state allowing it to be stained and coated to suit project preference.
Austratus are committed to sustainability. Designers and builders can specify the Western Red Cedar, Hemlock and New Zealand Pine products with confidence. The range has PEFC Certification (the world’s largest forest certification system) to ensure timbers are sourced from sustainably managed and controlled forests.
Austratus also have a Masterspec document that can be accessed via the website and a take off service is also available.
- Complete, off-the-shelf system reduces lead times
- Suitable for walls and ceilings, lightweight, easy to install
- All profiles are available in a range of lengths suitable for residential and commercial
- Easily adapted for special features such as speakers, fire outlets, lights, air-con vents
- Sustainably-harvested timber (PEFC available)
- Stocked in raw finish. Can be stained/coated to preference, in a range of colours
- Easy installation — can be screwed directly onto existing walls and ceilings
- Perfect for retail, office and commercial fit outs, auditoriums, theatres, clubs, pubs, restaurants, hotels