Wherever healthcare facilities are built or modernised, they create a challenge for clients, architects and planners. Strict hygiene regulations must be observed, while the building must be functional and aesthetically attractive.
The selection of the optimum ceiling system depends on the use of the room. Whilst hygiene is of paramount importance in operating theatres and intensive care units, sound protection and room acoustics are needed in corridors and foyers. In sanitary areas and kitchens, the ceiling also needs to withstand high humidity.
Clean Room – ISO Classification
Clean rooms are essential for medical research and treatment. They enable different parameters, such as bacteria, temperature, humidity and pressure to be exactly controlled. The air purity classification according to DIN EN ISO 14644 is the most well-known standard. It states the maximum number of particles in the ambient air and divides the cleanrooms into classes from ISO 1 to ISO 9, with class 1 being the highest specification for air purity.
AMF Thermaclean S The Solution for Hygiene Environments
Specifically developed and tested for use in sensitive areas of health care facilities to meet the strictest of hygiene requirements. The vinyl laminated tiles feature a preventive effect against germs and the accumulation of pathogens, bacteria and fungi. Perfect for hard-working environments as they are robust, disinfectant-resistant, low maintenance and easy to clean.
Specialist Hygiene Features Include
- Ideal for healthcare environments, laboratories, treatment rooms, intensive care units
- Mineral fibre tile with wipeable surface that prevents growth of bacteria and fungi
- Can be treated with an anti-microbial treatment for further resistance to additional germs
- Cleanroom classification of ISO 2 according to ISO 14644-1
- Effective in areas of high humidity up to 95 % RH
- Non-combustible achieving A2-s3,d0 equivalent to Group 1-S fire rating
- Achieves A+ Indoor air quality ensuring no harmful emissions
Get in touch with Potters’ specification team today to assist with creating solutions for your next Healthcare project at firstname.lastname@example.org