Rondo Building Services Pty Ltd has today announced the acquisition of the USG Boral metal business in New Zealand.
This deal brings together two of New Zealand’s leading manufacturers of metal wall and ceiling systems and allows Rondo to further enhance their local roll forming capabilities with a move into the larger USG Boral metal manufacturing plant based in Auckland.
To drive value for Rondo customers and provide them with the most innovative and diverse range of systems available, Rondo will further strengthen its market position with the integration of USG Boral metal products, including rights to the well-known DONN® Exposed Grid brand and patented DX Technology in New Zealand and Australia.
What will this mean for the market
It is Rondo’s priority to ensure this acquisition causes no disruption to the market; Rondo will continue to manufacture USG-Boral systems alongside Rondo systems to ensure current and future projects supply commitments are met.
Rondo will progressively work on integrating the two brands with the view of offering a greater range of innovative systems to the market.
As a result, in due course, Rondo will:
- Integrate the USG-Boral stud and track systems with Rondo’s stud and track systems to offer a market leading range of internal and external drywall framing systems including Rondo Steel Stud and Track Systems – Rondo MAXIFrame® External Wall Framing System – Rondo DUPLEX Stud® Internal Stud System – GIB® Rondo QUIET STUD® Acoustic Stud System – Rondo SHAFTWALL System
- Continue to offer its KEY-LOCK® concealed plasterboard suspended ceiling system
- Continue to offer USG-Boral ScrewFix® plasterboard suspension system rebranded as Rondo Screw-
Fix® plasterboard system
- Continue to offer USG-Boral Drywall grid system, with Rondo announcing the rebranding of the system soon.
- Continue to offer USG-Boral DONN® DX®/DXL™ and DONN® Centricitee™ DXT grid systems rebranded as Rondo-DONN® DX®/DXL™ exposed grid systems and Rondo-DONN® Centricitee™ DXT exposed grid system.
The Rondo Range is now available through Potters along with all current USG products during the re-branding process. For further information please contact your customer service representative today.